Thursday, June 19, 2008

High Society | Role Model

When I initially started giving in to the idea of launching my own company, I had a range of emotions. Fear, happiness, discomfort, anxiety but nonetheless I always came back to feeling HIGH. I felt as though I was floating on cloud 9...COMPLETE EUPHORIA. Hence, the name high. Society came from the idea that I had unintentionally become apart of this "clique" or "society" in which everyone around me had the same ideas, direction, and goals. We made our own rules and laws and governed our actions based on what we loved...FASHION. Our social life was dictated by everything beautiful and it felt so organic. I began writing through my diary, yes, I do have a diary...best way to vent and get everything out without being judged...sidenote...excuse me. But in this society defined as (noun) the prominent people: the prominent or fashionable people in a community, or their social life....We are proactive...innovators...socially conscious...yet still fly & fabulous... Every thursday for simplicity purposes.. I will feature something in which I believe is cultural, artistic or thought provoking...Today's feature is something I've been excited about since it's conception....


http://www.myblackisbeautiful.com/
My Black is Beautiful a campaign by Essence magazine to create dialogue amongst African American women in hopes to improve self esteem and defining OUR idea of beauty is AWESOME!!!! It is sweeping the nation in many African American social clubs, book clubs, and girls nite out groups. Since, HSLG is a company driven by fashion & beauty, it is almost inevitable to not talk about BEAUTY. However, My Black is Beautiful almost strips women of the things they THINK makes them beautiful i.e. MAC Studio Fix, faux eyelashes and such and makes us dig deeper and create an understanding that we in all of our flaws are beautiful. Go online and watch the testimonials, download the interactive group discussion workbooks. Have fun ladies!!!!!
Take the HSLG poll and tell us what you think is beautiful about you on the right side of the page!!!!!
If anyone in the Memphis area is interested in starting a group, please email highsocietygroup@gmail.com....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like your business featured on High Society Lifestyle Group? Please forward your information to highsocietygroup@gmail.com

About Me

My photo
We are a lifestyle blog creating a life with style in Memphis. We will bring you all the exclusive events, fashion & beauty trends, art shows, restaraunts, music, and much more.