Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Honey Child Book Club


Over the past few years, I have been trying to get some of my close friends together formally and start a book club/sister circle/chit chat over topics that REALLY matter to us type thingy. It all came about during many conversations with my friends of our different points in life. The things that we all go through and can talk with each other about because we are all going through it. The late 20's early 30's....I don't know where my life is going... I hate my job/career I would love to do this type thing. In the midst of those conversations, I stumbled upon a blog entitled, Hello Nobody and saw Amy DuBois Barnett's book "Get Yours" on the chic's fav books list. Great blog I might add!! I decided to check it out because the subtitle was absolutely persuasive..."The Girlfriends Guide to Having Everything You Dreamed of and More". I must say this interactive gossipy format "girlfriend BIBLE" was the best thing that ever happened to me during my quest to find out what I really love and what I want to do. In the book, Amy opens up to us about how she discovered her passion of writing, took a risk and a leap of faith and walked away from everything she knew to; follow her dreams. The book is broken down into subjects such as finances, style, passion, creativity, etc to allow you to dissect your own life and ultimately "Get Yours". It is a MUST read so go pick it up or order it online. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like your business featured on High Society Lifestyle Group? Please forward your information to highsocietygroup@gmail.com

About Me

My photo
We are a lifestyle blog creating a life with style in Memphis. We will bring you all the exclusive events, fashion & beauty trends, art shows, restaraunts, music, and much more.